Type: Remote, Anywhere
Application requirements: CV
Closing date: 20 October 2023
Andariya is an independent leading media enterprise in the East & Horn of Africa with headquarters in Khartoum & Kampala. Through its digital outlets, Andariya creates and publishes content on grassroots issues, such as education, gender, health, social, environmental, technology, arts and cultural issues. Andariya specializes in the areas of content creation, research, community engagement, capacity building, cross-cultural projects and events.
Overview & Responsibility
Andariya is looking for a Tech lead with technical and leadership abilities. The Tech Lead will provide strategic technical guidance to proactively improve the performance, reliability, security, and cost-effectiveness of our digital platforms using industry best practices. The Tech Lead oversees all technical aspects of Andariya’s digital assets, platforms and data management, maintenance, safety and security. The position is expected to lead on architectural and design decisions, working closely with other team members to garner consensus around systems and software modifications design, development and smooth operation. The position will work in a collaborative and diverse environment, with programmatic and editorial team members.
- Establish specifications and determine the technical direction for various tech needs and projects at Andariya.
- Create a framework for technical standards and procedures.
- Review diagnostics and assess the functionality and efficiency of systems.
- Oversee tech quality, consistency and any modifications as needed.
- Review, recommend and implement security measures.
- Monitor security certificates and company compliance of requirements.
- Lead the technical support or company staff and troubleshoot technical challenges.
- Anticipate and report the cost of maintaining or replacing or updating tech items.
- Analyze Andariya’s digital operations, assets and liabilities and provide risk and redundancies analysis reports, optimization and efficiency improvement plans and processes and budget savings as needed.
- Streamline Andariya’s digital and tech portfolio and operations.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or any related field
- 2+ years of work experience in digital media, application and web development projects, including technology or software development projects as an IT officer, IT help desk, developer, or similar role.
- Demonstrable experience of programming, scripting and languages like HTML, Java script and CSS, PHP, Java and Python. Cloud services are a plus.
- Solid understanding of big data, data structures, and how to gather and code data.
- Knowledge and experience in content management systems such as Wordpress, Wix, etc.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project organization skills, compatible with a remote work setting .
- Natural leader and team player who displays strong active listening, decision-making and pays attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication, interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.
- Awareness of best industry practices, leaders, tools.
Terms and Conditions
- The position is full time and can be based anywhere.
- This position is for six months and can be extended if requirements and resources are aligned.