Application requirements: CV
Andariya is a bilingual digital cultural multimedia platform, research and cross-cultural enterprise established in Sudan and South Sudan in 2015. Andariya creates multimedia content across its omni-channels & builds creative cultural exchange & research projects. To date Andariya has more than 72,000 followers on social media platforms and a wide network of more than 140 writers and contributors. Andariya started publishing content from Uganda in 2018, and growing its audience in the East African region by expanding into 9 countries in the East and Horn of Africa in 2021.
Overview & Responsibility
To assist with the development of our content, projects and events, Andariya is looking for a creative Social Media Officer to join our dynamic team. This role will suit a motivated and driven individual who is passionate about social media and knows the ins and outs of audience engagement, content development and creative campaigns management. The SMO will work collaboratively as part of a team, and independently to achieve desired digital strategy outcomes.
● Liaise with our creative and content team to develop engaging and exciting social media content across multiple platforms.
● Publish content on diverse digital content streams with audiences and end-users in mind.
● Develop a thematic annual content calendar that factors in key dates & events; such as women’s day, Independence Day, world HIV day etc., and plan key editorial content in liaison with Andariya’s community of contributors.
● Utilize a social media calendar to ensure success of the channels and liaising with the editorial and creative team members to ensure streamlining across projects, events and contents.
● Conduct social media content analysis and develop recommendations to advise the direction of digital and creative strategies with other team members.
● Write copy for social media & enhance it with interactive multimedia elements in collaboration with the editorial and creative teams. This includes but is not limited to: our newsletter, multiple social media channels & audio-visual content.
● Produce engagement reports & advise management about direction with evidence-based analysis from each country.
● Drive Andariya’s social media marketing strategy to create stronger relationships with our audience across interest areas and locations
● Assist in developing and executing communications strategies for various outputs, contents, publications and events.
As required, perform the following tasks:
● Present information and/or analysis in a variety of formats.
● Follow and engage with specific areas of current public and cultural interests.
● Perform other editorial or creative duties to ensure that editorial & cultural projects/events run smoothly.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
● University degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or English Literature.
● Relevant experience in which the candidate gained exposure to cultural content, cultural events, social media content creation, writing and editing & project coordination.
● Capable of original and creative production of content for multiple digital platforms, with demonstrated writing skills in both Arabic and English.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; good team player.
● Comfortable with the demands and needs of digital publishing and cultural events production.
● Strong organizational skills; ability to handle a variety of functions quickly and efficiently.
● Ability to solve problems independently and in group discussions (with openness to new ideas and approaches).
● Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required.
● Understanding of the structure and workflow of content creation for digital channels, and ability to build and maintain strong relationships with contributors and partners from different countries.
● Strong knowledge of African culture with specific interest in Sudan, South Sudan & Uganda and the East and Horn of Africa regions.
● Valid driver’s license, passport and ability to travel.
● Bilingualism and excellent command of both Arabic and English are mandatory.