Application requirements: CV and portfolio
Andariya is a bilingual digital cultural multimedia platform and cross-cultural enterprise in Sudan, South Sudan & the East and Horn of Africa, established in 2015. Andariya creates multimedia content across its omni-channels & builds creative cultural exchange & research projects.
Overview & Responsibility
We are looking to hire an energetic Videographer and editor to join Andariya. This role will be working on exciting projects with our team and partners. You will be working alongside the production and editorial teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing and delivering video content across a wide spectrum of subject areas, specifically in the area of COVID19 and health awareness.
The role involves producing, and scripting short-form original digital content, as well as managing the end-to-end production of projects.
As a videographer, you are responsible for:
· Creating video content that our audiences will want to engage with, learn from and share
· Generating ideas for interesting and meaningful content and video series
· Working collaboratively with the editorial team to produce shooting scripts in pre-production to bring videos to life
· Working closely with the production management team to effectively scope out and plan shoots and corresponding edits
· Liaising collaboratively with team members to ensure timely and precise production and publishing of content
· Plan and execute shoots and productions, liaising with different actors and stakeholders alongside the creative director
· Working with the team to create and furbish kit requirements, crew requirements, travel, and location scouting
· Editorial support on projects including development, scripting, story-boarding, filming and editing alongside relevant teams
· Work closely with the editor and digital content producer to deliver projects in a timely manner
· Professional in the use of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
· Solid and diverse portfolio of video work
· Energetic and enthusiastic
· Quick learner who is easily able to adapt to changing demands.
· Work independently and make decisions based on information provided.
· Able to deal with multiple projects simultaneously.
· Structured and organized approach
· Friendly and approachable
· Understanding of Creative Commons
· Experience of working on associated projects – such as photography, videography, (DSLR operation & video editing) and media design.
· Knowledge of the latest video and multimedia technologies, creative techniques and crisp quality
Proffered attributes & skills
· Strong eye for detail
· Experience and knowledge of camera equipment (Preferably Canon or Sony)
· Comfortable delivering large volumes of work & working around tight deadlines
· Must be self-sufficient, able to work autonomously whilst also being a team player
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Strives to exceed expectations internally and externally
· Demonstrates support for colleagues and a collaborative approach to team working