Application requirements: CV and portfolio
Andariya is a bilingual digital cultural multimedia platform and cross-cultural enterprise in Sudan, South Sudan & the East and Horn of Africa, established in 2015. Andariya creates multimedia content across its omni-channels & builds creative cultural exchange & research projects.
Overview & Responsibility
The Designer works closely with the Project Director, Project Manager, Senior Editor, Creative Director, Videographer & Multi-platform Editor (MPE) to advance the visual representation component of the project through creative design production. The position reports to the Multi-platform Editor.
- help with developing content plans and attend planning meetings with the MPE and project team
- develop and apply content and format strategies
- develop and manage relationships between different content creation personnel
- scoping, creating, editing and supporting the publishing of visual content
- making sure user journeys are the best they can be with design elements
- managing relationships with the MPE and content creators to make sure design content is accurate
- producing design content assets (for social media, presentations, document templates, reports templates etc.) that are accurate, timely, high quality (relevant to the audience, easily understood, optimized for search engines) and to Andariya’s style
- choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
- making sure appropriate policy and legal checks happen, and that content is created and published quickly and efficiently
- monitoring the performance of content and analyzing user experiences across multiple platforms
- working with a multi-disciplinary team to understand user behaviour and feedback
- identifying and presenting ways to improve the visual content
- providing constructive criticism to your colleagues to improve everyone’s skills and work in the creative content production process, leading on the design advisory component
- ease with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals.
- comply with Andariya’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
The successful candidate will possess and have demonstrated experience in the following attributes and skills:
- College degree, along with 2-3 years of professional experience
- Content design experience, including user research
- Experience with commissioning, creating, editing and publishing digital content
- Experience using research and testing techniques to develop understanding of user needs, test hypotheses and translate learnings into visual design solutions
- Implementing and/or using analytical tools to analyze user behavior, evaluate content and identify challenges and opportunities
- Ability to synthesize and organize information with an attention to detail
- Ability to coordinate and mobilize in different cultural settings