Type: Remote, Uganda
Application requirements: CV and motivation letter
Closing date: 14 October 2023
Andariya is an independent leading media enterprise in the East & Horn of Africa with headquarters in Khartoum & Kampala. Through its digital outlets, Andariya creates and publishes content on grassroots issues, such as education, gender, health, social, environmental, technology, arts and cultural issues. Andariya specialize in the areas of content creation, research, community engagement, capacity building, cross-cultural projects and events.
Overview & Responsibility
Andariya is looking for a Project Coordinator with superb communication, events organization and creative project coordination skills. The Project Coordinator is a motivated, creative and self-driven individual who is not deterred by challenging and complex project environments. They possess the necessary skills and confidence to structure, organize, implement and track progress of various project activities and coordination needs. The Project Coordinator supports the flow of Andariya’s project activities across the board, liaising with the different teams and completing essential coordination tasks to ensure the timely, high quality delivery and completion of projects. The position reports to the Project Manager and works with a diverse group of Andariya’s internal and external stakeholders.
- Support Andariya’s project implementation in Uganda, representing, organizing and managing different remote and on-ground activities, events, vendors, suppliers, stakeholders and partnerships.
- Support Andariya's teams in the coordination of projects design, planning, implementation, communication, evaluation and reporting cycles.
- Support the Projects Manager in the development of project management documents such as project budgets, project schedules, scope statements and project plans.
- Identify key stakeholders, opportunities and nurture connections along Andariya’s axis of interests in Uganda and the region; not limited to conducting ad-hoc stakeholder mappings, outreach, research etc.
- Actively seek out and attend cultural events, forums, talks and networking functions in-line with Andariya's axis of interests in Uganda.
- Support administrative and bookkeeping tasks such as procurement processes, invoices, purchase orders and inventory reports, among other financial documents for various projects vendors and partners.
- Actively coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that events and activities are accurately documented and captured for reporting and dissemination.
- Act independently and quickly to resolve challenges.
- Present information and\or analysis in a variety of formats as needed.
- Comply with Andariya’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in communications/media/arts/public relations or related disciplines, or demonstrated experience in any of these fields.
- 3+ years of work experience as a media/creative/research coordinator or similar.
- Knowledge and experience in media, education, research, events and similar professional areas is an added plus.
- Strong coordination and project organization skills, compatible with a remote work setting.
- Good understanding of SEO, web traffic metrics, and social media best practices.
- Demonstrable experience in events planning and management (workshops, galleries, discussions, etc.).
- Ability to facilitate various types of events such as panels, exhibitions, focus group discussions etc, mastering diverse audience engagement techniques.
- Has strong networks and interest in media, arts, culture, education, research, policy, current affairs and other areas of interest in Andariya’s focus areas.
- Critical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays strong decision-making and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills.
Terms and Conditions
- The position is full time and based in Uganda. It is designed to be heavily remote, though reasonable in-person engagement related to on-ground implementation and coordination with stakeholders in Uganda is expected.
- This position is for four months and can be extended if requirements and resources are aligned.